Rose Honey Cocktail
- 1 Cup Dried Rose Petals
- Medium Shelf Vodka
- Lemon Flavored Seltzer Water
In a Mason jar place 1 cup rose petals and f ill with vodka. Seal tightly and allow to infuse for 6-8 days until the vodka turns a deep pink or red hue. Strain vodka through an unbleached coffee filter into a clean mason jar. In a glass pour a 1:3 ratio of vodka to lemon flavored seltzer water & add a dollop of honey to taste. Add a twisted sprig of lemon zest & enjoy responsibly.
- Roses can be planted from seed or mature bushes can be purchased at a local gardening center. Planting your roses from seed can be rewarding but very time-consuming.
- Insects like Japanese Beetles and Aphids can attack rose bushes.
- Water roses in the morning to mid-day to avoid allowing water to set on leaves and petals when the sun goes down.
- Use a Meyer Lemon tree for indoor use and plant it in evenly moist and well-drained soil. Mist your plant daily and give it a good soak about once a week.
- A full 12 hours of sunlight is preferred, whether natural southern sun exposure or through indoor lighting.
- Equip your tree/plant with one Ultomato stake to keep it upright and supported.